Pet Door Security Tips
Pet Door Security Tips from Bay Area Door Pros
Pet doors are suitable. Even if you are away, your cat or dog may access your yard to do their own business, or get outside for some fresh air and exercise. You don’t have to worry about cleaning up accidents around your property. The other facet is that these doors may also supply easy accessibility to thieves. Here are a few precious pet door security ideas which can help maintain your Bay Area home protected from intruders and creatures.
How to secure Your Pet Door
- lock the security tabs at night, and when you are away. Most pet doors have locking tabs to fasten the panels. These are only accessed from within. Although your pet cannot go out as soon as the door is locked, undesirable visitors cannot get in.
- Keep the secret from reach: Do not make the mistake of leaving it close to the pet door for advantage. There are instances in which pests have stolen keys with wire hangers inserted through openings in pet doors.
- Take a lock. If it is time to replace your pet door, consider a with an electronic lock. An infrared receiver on your pet’s collar may activate it open. It will stay locked if anything else or anyone else attempts to start it.
- Get a security alarm for the pet: The sensors will activate the alarm when anything that is larger (or smaller) in case your pet attempts to access the doorway.
- Do not keep food near the pet door. This will draw raccoons and other scavenging creatures to your home.
- Secure the garden gates using burglarproof locks. This will stop thieves from entering the yard and trying to access your home through the pet door.
- Install motion sensor lights outside. A well-lit home dissuades thieves because they don’t want to be viewed. Motion-activated lights can come on if anyone comes near your home, and deters intruders by mimicking them.
If you’re bored of that ugly pet in your patio door along with your current pet door is worn out, think about replacing it. New pet doors fit seamlessly in your glass patio doorsand are weather proof lock firmly. You might even install a pet door in the wall, for enhanced security.
Improve Home Security with a New Pet Door
At A1 On Track Sliding Door, Inc.. , we offer a array of pet door methods to suit the varied needs of Bay Area homeowners. It is possible to customize a size to fit your pet and your current wall or door. We give specialty options for doors, which means you don’t sacrifice aesthetics for functionality. Integrated systems are also available for your door. Benefit from expert installation and also expertise customer service.
Read these testimonials from homeowners across the San Francisco Bay Area that rely on us to get cost-effective solutions and trouble-free installation. Our team will be delighted to supply more pet door security hints for your house.
Telephone 408-866-0267 today to . If it slides, we will make it slide.